Dear Friends & Music Makers,
Join us for a Song Circle as we celebrate Life and share songs of all kinds in the oral tradition. In this way, we keep the ancients alive, our movements vital, and we sing the songs of future ones.
WHEN: Sunday, February 17 from 7pm - 9pm
WHERE: Canticle Farm
1972 36th Ave, Oakland, CA 94601
Parking might be tight, so we encourage carpooling! We ask that people leave their shoes on the porch, so please be prepared with slippers or an extra pair of socks if you will need them. Also, the gathering space is up 12 stairs, so it is unfortunately not wheelchair accessible this month.
CONTRIBUTION: We will pass a basket for donations to support our venue and basic costs.
The ingredients are simple:
A Song Circle = You + _______
- An instrument (yes, your voice counts!)
- A song or two or zero to offer to the circle (ideally taught as a group song)
- A friend who has been longing to sing & make music
- A snack, beverage, or dessert to share in community (please eat dinner before)
- A chair and/or blanket to sit on
- A warm layer as we'll be outside around a fire
We look forward to seeing you there!
~the Thrive East Bay team