Dear Friends & Music Makers,
Let's bring the summer night alive. Join us for a Song Circle as we gather under the stars, around a fire, to sing and celebrate life. We will share songs of all kinds in the oral tradition. In this way, we keep the ancients alive, our movements vital, and we sing the songs of future ones.
WHEN: Sunday, August 19th from 7pm - 9pm
WHERE: Queen Farm (in the backyard)
3118 King Street
Berkeley, CA 94703
(walkable from the Ashby Bart station)
CONTRIBUTION: We will pass a basket for donations to support our venue and basic costs.
The ingredients are simple:
A Song Circle = You + _______
- An instrument (yes, your voice counts!)
- A song or two or zero to offer to the circle (ideally taught as a group song)
- A friend who has been longing to sing & make music
- A snack, beverage, or dessert to share in community (please eat dinner before)
- A chair and/or blanket to sit on
- A warm layer as we'll be outside around a fire
We look forward to seeing you there!
~the Thrive East Bay team