Dear Music Makers & Lovers of Life,
Join us for a summer night Song Circle as we gather around a fire, under the stars, to sing and celebrate life. We will share songs of all kinds in the oral tradition. In this way, we keep the ancients alive, our movements vital, and we sing the songs of future ones.
WHEN: Sunday, June 17th from 7pm - 9pm
WHERE: TBA (Oakland venue)
CONTRIBUTION: We will pass a basket for donations to support our venue and basic costs.
The ingredients are simple:
A Song Circle = You + _______
- An instrument (yes, your voice counts!)
- A song or two or zero to offer to the circle (ideally taught as a group song)
- A friend who has been longing to sing & make music
- A snack, beverage, or dessert to share in community (please eat dinner before)
- A chair and/or blanket to sit on
- A warm layer as we'll be outside around a fire
We look forward to seeing you there!
~the Thrive East Bay team